Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wk 6, D7, T2 - DIW Confirmation

Today Mr. Wodgate signed off on my initial research which means that I am now able to start writing my major project.

He also suggested that I research more into the current view of the Vatican from my initial research on Joseph Ratzinger/Benedict XVI.

This afternoon I continued my research and found that he wrote a book called 'The spirit of the liturgy' in which he directly opposes both the Mithras Myth and the festival 'Dies Natalis Solic Invicti'.

From this research it is completely clear that the only way in which to frame the debate NOW is by:
1. Establishing exactly what the Vatican's view is - i.e why the Pope expresses Christmas is based on the annunciation of Christ.
2. Establish the connection which clearly exists between Solis Invictis and the Christian Christmas
3. Establishing the merit between the Mithras myth and the Christian Christmas

It is likely that my line of argument will be that there are direct parallels between these festivals/myths and Christianity in order to make the conversion to Christianity easier.

No comments: